Cavitation process has taken its rightful place in the development of industrial ultrasonic technology; for example, it is widely utilised in cleaning surfaces and parts, destruction and dispersion of solids, creation of fuel emulsions and mixtures, water treatment and more. The cornerstone of the ultrasonic technology is an ability to destroy connections between different parts of the molecules, which allows breaking a continuous chain. The solution to many industrial applications became possible, namely by using the method of ultrasound resonance.
Ultrasonic technology in oil refining
The purpose of this technology is to create conditions for the acoustic impact on the flow of oil and thereby achieve a temporary or permanent change in the molecular composition of hydrocarbons to press for lighter molecules. The method is based on creating a vortex flow having a maximum energy of the acoustic resonance effect on the product stream in a certain frequency range, allowing to:
- intensify chemical reaction with the hydrocarbon product;
- effectively combat paraffin deposits in tubing and onshore pipelines;
- increase the output of light fractions of petroleum products.
Ultrasonic technology in the food industry
Using ultrasound technology in the food industry on various levels helps to achieve increased productivity level, reduced energy costs, improved product quality, extended shelf life, and create new products with new properties.
The most promising use of ultrasound technology is included in the following technological processes:
- producing food water and water-to-fat emulsions;
- ‘soft’ cooking – low-temperature processing of products;
- dispersing, homogenisation and pasteurisation;
- biological activation of foodstuffs;
- hydrogenation of fats, including bleaching of vegetable oils;
- instant cooking in the baking and alcohol technologies;
- suppression of microbiological processes;
- intensification of the diffusion process in the manufacture of sugar;
- cleaning diffusion juice sugar;
- precipitation of tartrate salts;
- water disinfection.
Ultrasonic treatment technologies
Yet another perspective direction in ultrasound development: ultrasound is applied at large manufacturing facilities to degrease and conduct high-quality cleaning. The industry is developed due to the efforts of the innovative manufacturers, such as Hilsonic, focusing on ultrasonic cleaner equipment manufacturing. The main directions of applying ultrasonic technology in water treatment are:
- intensification of chemical reactions, if necessary, reduce the amount of chemicals;
- preparation of high-quality water-air mixture in the fuel-efficient schemes are not saturator flotation sludge;
- creation of economically efficient reactors for ozonation of wastewater;
- efficient and economical technology for oxidation of industrial effluents;
- implementation of effective responses to reduce sulfide in wastewater industries.
Ultrasonic technology in the preparation of water-fuel emulsions
Vibro-acoustic treatment (VAT) of gas-liquid media is capable of providing high-quality fuel. Using water-fuel emulsions is one of the best solution for more efficient fuel production. VAT helps to produce a new class of liquid synthetic fuels resulting from energy exchange linking with liquid water energy.
Ultrasonic technology for peat processing
The main directions of technology are the following:
- peat wet milling;
- the development of synthetic fuels;
- creation of organic and mineral fertilisers;
- the creation of food additives in animal husbandry;
- production of the therapeutic emulsion.